Simple yet versatile – Pork Belly Roll jazzed up with our Olive Oil Jam.
Chefs tip….. Slice thinly & serve cold with rocket, pea tops & bilberries. Stuffed with apricot olive oil jam, thyme & anchovy…..
Great as a cold starter, light main or Sunday roast.
- 1/2 pork belly - trimmed & boned
- Reserve skin for crackling
- Apricot Olive Oil Jam
- 1/2 bunch stripped fresh thyme
- 4 anchovy fillets (John West)
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Rocket lettuce
- Fresh pea tops
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (moderate)
- Pat the skin dry with a paper towel
- Sprinkle liberally with Maldon sea salt flakes & put aside for 1 hour
- Rinse off the salt, pat dry again then place on the bottom shelf of the oven (180C) for 4 hours, or until crisp & golden
- Lay the pork belly out and pierce all over with a sharp knife
- Season with Maldon sea salt & pepper
- Cover belly evenly with the Apricot Olive Oil Jam, thyme & anchovies
- Roll & tie tightly
- Wrap with greaseproof paper, then with foil - twisting ends to retain juices
- Place in a baking tray then cook in the oven @ 180C for approx 2.5 - 3 hrs. To test juices should run clear when pierced with skewer
- Cool on wire rack for 20 min before serving